One Day at a Time

I'd love to share my gardening tips with you! Join me as I show you what's growing in MY garden, along with sharing plenty of recipe and craft ideas using roses from our gardens.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The Garden in Winter


Welcome fellow gardeners! I hope you like my new template!

It has been a long winter, with way to much snow! Actually the snow is good for our gardens,it covers the plants and acts like a blanket for the roses and perennials in the garden. The problem is when the snow keeps melting, and the weather keeps going from very cold to very warm. This will cause the plants to heave from the ground, sometimes killing them. This has been such a year...

The wet sticky snow is so beautiful when it covers all the trees and bushes. I wanted to share some of the photos I took before I rushed off to work.

 
By afternoon this was all melted off the trees, but there was still plenty of snow left on the ground.
It's amazing how much beauty there is in the garden, even in the dead of winter.
 

My snowy garden bridge reminds me that this year I plan on making a dry stream bed beneath it! I've gotten some really good ideas from Pinterest, that I'd like to try and copy. Do you Pinterst? It's really fun, especially in the winter, when there is nothing you can do outdoors. But let me caution you, it can be very addictive! The time sure goes by fast! Check out my boards... and follow me!

                                                     Follow me on Pinterest 
  
(one of my boards has the most beautiful winter pictures!) Take a look!
 

More Winter Garden Pictures!

My large, old (very, very, old) Cherry tree is still standing. I thought for sure this would be the last winter. I guess it's sturdier than I give it credit. I am dreading having to have it chopped down. But it is loosing lots of branches. My plan, when the time comes to cut it down, is to plant a weeping cherry tree in it's spot.



 
 
My side fenced in garden.This makes me think of more painting that needs to be done on it! Winter came, and it got to cold for painting! Another Spring job to do. It seems work in and around the garden is never done!
 
 
This flowering crab apple tree, holds the promise of spring! I can't wait for it to burst open with lovely pink blooms!
 
 
 
This is what I wait for.........
 
Learn more about the beautiful flowering Crab Tree.
 
My little garden angel bird bath sits in the snow, waiting just like I am....
for sunnier days, and colorful blooms surrounding it.

Because in a few short months, the garden phlox will circle it's base with plenty of bright flowers, and the garden birds will return to drink from it's dish.
 
And with Spring, comes Summer...... which brings.........
 
 
 
 
 
 
 The Roses!
 
 
 
 
 
 Keep thinking SPRING!

                                                                  Till next time,
                                                            Carol (The Rose Lady)

Visit my web site for tips and ideas and  ALL About Rose Gardening!


 
 
 

 
 

          
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment